MotionView is a graphical environment for building multi-body system models and for visualizing motion simulation results using animations and plots. Its inherent parametric modeling capability enables users to perform automated design exploration as a way of discovering better designs, faster. Tightly integrated together, the combination of MotionView and MotionSolve provides a complete solution for your multi-body system simulation needs.
- Discover better mechanical designs, faster
- Rapidly and intuitively build multi-body models
- Visualize multi-body simulation results to derive insight and make informed design decisions
- Easily parameterize your model to enable automated design exploration and optimization
- Leverage built-in model libraries and/or create your own
- Standardize and share subsystems and system models
- Improve product robustness by sweeping through wide-ranging operating conditions and by mitigating the effects of manufacturing variations
- Interface with FEA: Import flexible bodies; export loads
- Interface with CFD: Import aerodynamic loads or loads due to fluid sloshing
- Interface with 1D block diagram simulation tools, through co-simulation, for multi-disciplinary system simulations
- Automate processes to:
- Accelerate time-to-insight
- Ensure repeatable results
- Avoid manual mistakes
- Reduce tedium
- Capture company know-how
- Customize the user interface (UI) to adhere to corporate standards
Powerful and Effective Modeling Environment
A typical mechanical system tends to have several subsystems. A modular approach to model building lets users have more control over the modeling. MotionView’s powerful environment contains many core capabilities designed to simplify and streamline the creation of complex mechanical models that are required to solve the most challenging problems.
- A hierarchical modeling structure lets users build system level models as a combination of reusable sub-systems and components
- MotionView’s modeling language supports symmetry and conditional logic enabling multiple model topology configurations within a single model and tremendous control over modeling entities and properties.
- Parametric model definitions provide easy analysis studies of model variations.
Modern Easy-to-Use GUI
MotionView’s intuitive layout and logical work flow allows both experienced and novice engineers to get started quickly to build and analyze multi-body systems rapidly.
- Efficient and intuitive workflows simplify and standardize mechanical systems modeling
- Modern user interface that is easy to learn and use
- Advanced, context-sensitive model-browser helps easily navigate through the model elements with less mouse travel and fewer clicks
Flexible-body modeling within a mechanical system can be a complex and challenging task since it typically requires familiarity with finite element modeling and knowledge of finite elements solvers. MotionView’s flexbody modeling processes were developed to overcome these challenges while still providing advanced and easy-to-use tools for flexbody creation, system integration and post-processing.
- Smooth and simplified processes for flexbody generation
- One-step conversion between rigid and flexible components
- Comprehensive array of utilities to minimize flexbody pre-processing errors
Automation and Customization
MotionView is completely customization and automation ready giving users control over both the graphical user interface and the modeling processes. This allows MotionView to seamlessly fit within any simulation environment.
- Fully customizable user interface providing users with the flexibility to modify the existing environment, turn panels on and off, and build custom panels
- Powerful scripting enabling users to automate repetitive modeling tasks and streamline intricate processes
MotionView delivers a complete solution for the entire mechanical systems simulation process through its powerful functionality and direct integration with HyperWorks.
- Build multi-body models with MotionView and HyperMesh
- Analyze and correlate simulation results and test data with state-of-the-art visualization and data plotting capabilities through HyperView and HyperGraph
- Perform flexbody analysis
- Export component load channels, supporting several different FE & fatigue formats, from multi-body simulations with the Load Export Utility
- Take advantage of MotionView’s multiple solver support including MotionSolve, ADAMS, RADIOSS and ABAQUS
- Execute DOE, optimization and stochastic studies through HyperStudy and OptiStruct